Roari is the author of the Society in the Shadow of Civilization series. Her next project is a YA Urban Fantasy novel, involving nightmares, German folklore, and a family curse. Visit her blog at http://roaribenjamin.blogspot.com/.
That's what you'll read where my books are sold. What it doesn't say is ...
- All I wanted for my fifth birthday was to see Return of the Jedi - the original release - in the theater. (Yes, you can use that to deduce my age.)
- My writing started with Fantasy (perhaps the Epic sort) and poetry. The Shadow Watcher is my first foray into blending Sci-Fi with Fantasy.
- The real Novica, CA is where I was born and raised.
- My mom was a librarian at the Novica Public Library before I came along. I loved the summer reading program there growing up ... and exploring shelves upon shelves of books.
- I started writing about Isiterra when I was fourteen, though I didn't name it until later. Then there was poetry. I decided to write my first book (also about Isiterra) when I was twenty. I self-published my first novel, The Shadow Watcher at thirty-five. There were many ideas and hundreds of thousands of words written (and deleted) along the way.
- I primarily write fantasy and sci-fi - a little paranormal, too.
- I enjoy reading a wide range of both classic and contemporary fiction.
- I'm a sucker for a good love story. Doesn't matter what genre.
- I'm working on two (unrelated) books in addition to A Shadow in Doubt, all of which I hope to have out this year.
- I drink too much Pepsi.
- Nacho Cheese Doritos.
- If I had to choose one food to live on forever - Crêpes a la Mom (chicken a la king and hard-boiled egg filling.) If it had to be dessert - chocolate chip cookies.
- I'm a dog AND cat person. (Yes, we do exist.) The cats currently reign 3-2.
I may add more later....