Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Hello 2017!

It didn't really feel like a New Year until Monday. It bothers me when January 1st falls on a Sunday, because then they go and push the Tournament of Roses Parade and Rose Bowl to Monday the 2nd, and it just throws me off. Sorry. It's tradition.





I've never been to the Rose Parade live - I love camping out, just not with crowds. But, I have many fond, Rose Parade-related memories. Aside from watching it at home every year, Mom took me to Post Parade once when I was very young. Later, in high school, I volunteered a few times with my band mates decorating floats as a fundraiser. Good times 😊

And, the Rose Bowl! What a game!!! Well worth the wait. Even if it messed with my head.

I came across Mom's old USC 1980 Rose Bowl sweater, a few days ago. I around 20 months old, and my oldest brother would've been in the halftime show with the Trojan Marching Band that year. I inherited it sometime in the 90s, and wore it to float decorating. It sparked many conversations, but now I wish I hadn't worn it, because it's permanently stained from glue and paint. Still, I keep it. I'm a sentimental fool like that.

Anyway. I guess the point of this post was that it's time again, to plan the year ahead. As usual, I'm already behind. I never seem to get anything done when the kids are home from school. (Yes, I'm using them for an excuse for procrastination.) I did start making lists yesterday, which is a something...I think....

Okay, really. Here goes.... After 2016's drought, I'm looking ahead with renewed focus (really, truly) this year, and new releases. Aside from publishing The Shadow Watcher and A Shadow in Doubt in paperback (more to come on that), the plan is to have book three out by Thanksgiving, after finally getting those other two separate, stand-alone YA novels I've occasionally mentioned out there - the one about the evil elves and the one about human-alien hybrids. And, IF all goes well ... well, I have other plans too. But, then, I always have more plans than are actually possible for me to accomplish. So, as far as writing goes, I'm forcing myself to focus on the Four Primary Goals: Paperbacks, the other two books (elves then aliens), and SitSoC Book 3.

As far as resolutions go, I've made a habit of not making any. Then I don't feel guilty about breaking them. I am going to try to keep to some kind of "schedule" here and on the Facebook pages, because I've neglected them of late. I just have to figure out what that schedule will be first 😉    

And, that's where I'm starting for 2017. Thanks for humoring me in my little detour along memory lane....it happens. Wherever you are, I hope your new year is off to a great start, and you're having a beautiful day, night, or some time in the between....

Roari

No comments:

Post a Comment