Friday, December 16, 2016

Tending the Flamella Tree



(This post is part of the A Shadow in Doubt, ten years later, read along...)

Here we are, on to Chapter 25 - Confrontation - already.... So much has happened since the last post, I don't know where to start!


Okay, I know, I've been bad about posting along the way here. It's always more hectic than I think it will be around here this time of year. (Who am I kidding, it's always hectic!) 

Excuses aside, I won't bore you with all the details. Though, an X-Wing might have been involved with last weekend's distractions... (Yes, I'm insanely jealous of all of you who made it to the Rogue One midnight premiere. I'll catch it this weekend.) But, have no fear, I'm here now, and have been reading along with you! I have to say, I don't remember ASiD moving this fast. Of course, it didn't when I was writing it, but, that's neither here nor there.

Ten years ago, Sam skipped the last three days altogether. Hopped right through, returning today from her mission to bring the Flamella tree back to Adjatay in Costa Rica. Looking back, I realize just how much she had to process in the last few chapters.... 

Now, the first person Sam wants to talk to is, of course, Jay. Instead, the first person she sees is Trace, who informs her there is no sign of a connection between Bailey and the Brotherhood of Asclepius before summoning a hover car to take her to Marion, Jay and the others. 

The meeting she walks into is, well, the last thing she expected. Of course she wants answers, she just really doesn't like Tollack's ideas on how to get them. So, Sam does what she does - she gets defiant, and reminds him who's in control of the Flamella tree. 

While Sam knows these latest developments will complicate her love life even more, as if it wasn't messy enough already, she holds on to the idea of the future. Or, the idea of the future versions of herself and Michael, who seem to be trying to guide or reassure her through her journey. 

She also realizes she loves another man in her life, just not romantically speaking. If I had to choose, Sam and Logan's cousinly bonding moment would have to be my favorite part of this chapter.

Thank you, again, Dear Reader, for joining me in the read along! I'll be back with more next week, as we come to the final chapters of A Shadow in Doubt. Until then, I hope you're having a beautiful night, day, or some time in the between....

Roari 

No comments:

Post a Comment