Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Midnight Rambling: What Was She Thinking???


(This post is part of The Shadow Watcher, ten years later, read along...)

On this night, ten years ago, Sam was safely tucked away at home with Artemis for the evening, after meeting her Shadow Watcher face to face for the very first time. But, what on Earth was she thinking, stopping like that, in the first place?



Well, as described in Monday's post, Sam was having a bad day. She's also been followed for a LONG time, and she wanted answers. She was pissed. She had an opportunity, so, she took it.

The bits about the tan van are more truth than fiction, though there's no more to that story. Not that I'm aware of, anyway. Who it was, and why, I'll never know. I've experienced other stalkerish situtations, and once I should've been scared for my life, not realizing it until years later. But, there were other times I was truly terrified. I've been fortunate no one has ever acted upon their strange fascinations, well, aside from leaving me notes, trinkets and threats. (All before social media!) It doesn't make it any less creepy....

I was usually more angry and frustrated than afraid. Giving in to fear would be giving them power over me. Most of the time, I managed to deny them that. That's the best way I can think of to explain where Sam's head was.

Now, what will her boyfriend think of all of this in the morning? We'll just have to read on to find out!


Roari


No comments:

Post a Comment