Thursday, August 4, 2016

Escape....




Just a few pics from our trip to the beach, one of my favorite escapes. Was that almost two weeks ago???? This summer's going by too fast!




























The minis and I spent a lovely afternoon at Bolsa Chica State Beach, in Huntington Beach, CA with my mom and sister. It was a perfect day. Not too hot, not too cold, not too windy. Though, you might notice a brown tint on the horizon ... that's smoke from the fire in Santa Clarita, which burned about 33,000 acres at that point, I believe.





There was digging in the sand, splashing in the water, and the initiation of the boy's new boogie board - a gift from Grandma for his 11th birthday. The girl was the first one to plunge into the waves with hers, though. (This is why I call her Danger Baby.) Once they got out there, they didn't want to stop. (They get that from their mother.)      
My sister and I definitely inherited our love for the beach from our mother. She's particular to any beach with shells and prefers someplace she can snorkel (both usually in Hawaii), but will settle for saltwater and sand just about anywhere. It's a good thing she lives a reasonable drive (without traffic) from a number of beaches.... 






















Oh, I want to go back! Maybe ... hopefully at least once before school starts. We'll see. Not tomorrow though.... Tomorrow I'll be celebrating Escape Day!

Okay, for those going, what's Escape Day?, it's the day the Society in the Shadow of Civilization started, when the founders left 2169.... But, there will be more on that tomorrow, so check back!

In the meantime, I hope you're having a beautiful day, night, or sometime in the between.....
Roari

No comments:

Post a Comment