Tuesday, June 30, 2015

More Midnight Rambling: Burning the Candle...

It's half past midnight, I'm sitting here, at my desk, taking a break from corrections on A Shadow in Doubt. I haven't been sleeping much the last couple of weeks. Some of that has to do with the heat. The rest, well, I'm doing that thing I do when there is a deadline approaching
- realize how much I procrastinated, and start panicking.

No, not really. Maybe a little. This is my first title available for pre-sale, though, and with just a little over two weeks until its release, I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Even more so, since I have less than a week to submit my final drafts to KDP and Smashwords. It's okay, though. I totally have this under control ;)

I can barely contain my excitement over getting this installment of Sam & Michael's story out, it's long overdue. I'm also scared. I wasn't expecting the turn certain events took, but Sam, Michael, and their supporting cast have a habit of surprising me. More so than any other group of characters wandering in my head. Which probably has something to do with why I released them to the world first. 

Speaking of characters ... if you've been following for awhile, first -thank you! Second, you know I originally planned to release a novella with Jayden's narration, detailing the time during The Shadow Watcher she spent with the Society (and Kristoff), before A Shadow in Doubt. If so, you might be wondering what happened? It's still coming - just not until after. There is a method to this madness, I promise. Don't ask me to explain it yet, though, you're just going to have to trust me on this. 

No teasers tonight, but, after this week, I'll have more to share.

I hope you're having a beautiful night, day, or sometime in between....
Roari

P.S. Links for The Shadow Watcher, Fore Shadows: Escape 2169 and to pre-order A Shadow in Doubt can all be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment